The HerRise MicroGrant
The HerRise MicroGrant initiative is currently open for applications. Since 2017, in collaboration with HerSuiteSpot, the Yva Jourdan Foundation, Inc. has been providing microgrants to support Women of Color entrepreneurs in launching or expanding their businesses. These grants are designed to offer financial assistance for various business needs, such as purchasing computers, equipment, marketing materials, software, and creating websites.
Despite being the fastest-growing segment of entrepreneurs, Women of Color face significant challenges when attempting to grow their businesses. The Yva Jourdan Foundation, the nonprofit branch of HerSuiteSpot, raises funds to empower Women of Color entrepreneurs by providing them with access to coaching, a supportive community, and the necessary capital to advance their businesses.
To qualify for the HerRise MicroGrant, your business must meet the following criteria:
- It should be at least 51% owned by Women of Color.
- It must currently be registered in the United States.
- Whether you are a small business owner, the founder of a nonprofit organization, a military-affiliated visionary, or an early-stage creator with a strong desire to make a positive impact, you are eligible to apply.
- The HerRise MicroGrant program offers financial assistance of $1,000 each, thanks to the support of corporate sponsors and donors.
- These grants are specifically intended for Women of Color entrepreneurs in various fields who are developing innovative solutions that have a positive impact on their communities and often struggle to secure funding for their small businesses.
The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on the last day of each month.