Taranaki Foundation Annual Funding Program
Taranaki Foundation Annual Funding Program is now accepting an application. The Foundation runs one contestable grant round per year, where they are honoured to make modest grants to charitable projects in accordance with the wishes of the donors. The application process opens in August and closes end of September each year.
Are you working to help make Taranaki a more prosperous, vibrant, equitable region?
Applications for funding must have a charitable purpose or purposes, being beneficial to the community principally
in (but not limited to) Taranaki.
- Applications must be received from the entity that will govern and/or manage the activity being applied for.
Taranaki Foundation does not fund:
- Projects or activities that are outside the geographic borders of New Zealand
- Political advocacy or advancement or other lobby groups
- Activities where the primary purpose is fundraising or re-gifting
- Individuals (excluding scholarships and applications via the Hearing & Visually Impaired Fund)
- If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact the Taranaki Foundation.
They will typically make grants from $500 up to $5000 but are typically much less, with the average grant last year
- Operational costs such as programme costs, project costs and/or salaries/wages, rent, etc can be included.
- They do not grant to individuals apart from specific scholarships and via the annual Hearing and Visually Impaired Fund and this is paid to the company or organisation providing the device or service.
- Approved grants will be paid by direct credit to a verified bank account.
- Grants must be used within twelve months of receipt of funds unless prior arrangements are made with
- An Accountability Report is required within 60 days of the grant funds being spent.
- Further applications for funding will not be accepted from any organisation that has not provided an accountability report for a previous grant.
- Grants do not include GST.
The annual funding round includes applications for:
- Taranaki Foundation Annual Funding
- The Tindall Foundation Funding for Taranaki
- The Hearing & Visual Impairment Fund
Taranaki Foundation is also delighted to administer the annual Coach McKean Small Grants Fund.
All applications for Taranaki Annual Foundation funding are done via the Taranaki Foundation Funding Portal.
Click here to apply
Register / login to the Taranaki Foundation Funding Portal.
The first time you request funding via the Taranaki Foundation Funding Portal you will need to register. You will
select a username (your email address) and a password. Every time you log in you will use this username and